About the Role:
Data is central to the Twitch Video Platforms decision-making process, and building the infrastructure to support this is critical to enable data-driven decision making in all of our operations. As an data engineer on the Video Platform, you will be in on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining the infrastructure and tool that allow us to scaling analytics, and support our growing business, leading the way for high quality, high velocity decisions.
For this role we are looking for a data infrastructure engineer to join the Video Intelligence team. The Video Intelligence team enables data driven decision making inside the Video Organization at twitch. Building world class data infrastructure and assisting the rest of the Video organization in building and running one of the worlds largest video platforms.
• Designing, building, and running the data infrastructure to support the Video organizations growing data needs.
• Promoting best practices, and improving the quality of the internal data products inside the video organization.
• Suggesting, and defending solutions to make the video data platform best in class.
• 5+ years of experience building large scale reliable data backends, in collaboration with diverse stakeholders.
• Experience distilling complex requirements into scalable solutions.
• Experience promoting best practices by example, and mentoring junior engineers.
• Working with Amazon Webservices, S3, EMR, Redshift etc.
• Experience working with GoLang, Apache Spark, or Apache Flink architectures