Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that
support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can
drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top engineering talent get you charged
up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
FinTech at Amazon is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together
to build products and solve problems for the broader finance organization. The Indirect tax group at FinTech builds products and software solutions that are used companywide for tax compliance, reconciliation and audit. This group is building a brand-new team in Delhi
to develop next generation of data solutions that will be used worldwide across the company by tax users. If you are passionate about building petabytes scale data solution on AWS
using modern techniques in big data space for large scale event and data processing and automation at scale to drive innovation in the finance space, this is the team for you.
We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager to lead a team of data and software engineers in our Delhi office. Our ideal candidate is customer focused and enjoys the challenge of
highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. You will be a
passionate builder of talent and teams. As a Manager within Finance Technology you will help
set the vision for a new suite of technology that will enable thousands of global Amazonians
continue to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company.
Data Engineering Managers at Amazon are owners. You will own your team, your
roadmap and the end to end customer experience. You will drive engineering and operational
excellence in your team and build delightful products for your customers. You will partner with
business stakeholders and will strive to earn their trust. You will work directly with your
customers and will constantly innovate on their behalf. You will be a great people manager and
enjoy working with diverse mindsets.
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will play a thought leadership role in your team the team will look to you for advice on data and business issues facing them. You will have a company-wide view of the Data Engineering solutions that you build, and you will consistently think in terms of automating or expanding the results company-wide. This high impact role will have an opportunity to lead a team to help design and build our data infrastructure and work with emerging technologies such as EMR, Glue, Spark and associated AWS cloud services while driving business intelligence solutions end-to-end: business requirements, workflow instrumentation, data modeling and ETL. You should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake and into end-user facing applications. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, has a strong business sense, and can lead a team to put these skills into action.
• Develop and own vision, strategy and roadmap for projects.
• Build and manage a team of data and software engineers.
• Execute projects within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Participate in business reviews with executive leadership and provide status updates.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience managing a data or BI team
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
• Experience in SQL
• A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• The candidate's previous experience should also include exposure to very large databases, with a mix of software and data engineering.
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Background in financial applications
• Experience prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines are necessary skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.