Data Engineer - SCAR team, supporting Global Specialty Fulfillment
- Munich, Germany
The Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) team is seeking an exemplary Data Engineer with broad technical skills to own, support and establish standard for a database infrastructure, to build analytical models and develop data visualizations that drive business decision making and process improvement. The ideal candidate will draw upon advanced analytical, problem solving skills, programming experience, and demonstrate strong ownership in leading highly impactful business initiatives. We look for candidates who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hardworking, and who like to have fun.
The complexity of research and skills for a Data Engineer is well beyond basic data entry and extraction. It involves design and development of automated data pipelines, sophisticated analytical model and intuitive data visualization. In addition, this role is on a large analytical team that supports a wide range of businesses including Prime Now, Whole Foods Market, Central Operations, Locker+, Learning, etc. This role has great exposure to a broad scope that can really help shape the future of operational fulfillment and promotes career progression.
Main responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Perform data extraction, manipulation and production from database tables
- Manage and grow a database infrastructure
- Design, implement and validate complex logic using queries and programming languages
- Develop automation solutions through programming languages
- Support analytical researches and provide recommendations to business challenges
• BS degree in quantitative or technical discipline or 4 years' related Amazon experience.
• 4+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• 3+ years of experience with SQL
• 3+ years experience in a modern programming language (ex. Java, Ruby, , etc.)
• 2+ years experience in database and data table design
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
• Masters Degree
• Experience in analytical projects
• 2 years experience developing dashboards via popular toolset such as Tableau
• Excellent organizational skills and project management experience
• Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
• A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top