We need a Data Engineer! Prime Global Finance enjoys a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for managing the data architecture and generating data insights across two of the most impactful and high visibility areas within Amazon: Prime and customer engagement.
The Data Engineer will partner with teams across finance, marketing, research etc. to design and develop the organization's data architecture and processes to enable Business Intelligence Engineers and analysts drive analysis and insights of the business for senior leadership across the entire Prime and Lifecycle Engagement organizations. You will push traditionally accepted process boundaries and work to automate scalable solutions leveraging AWS and BI tools including but not limited to Redshift, Lambda, EMR, etc.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by WW Prime and Lifecycle Engagement leaders at all levels of organizational leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, drive decision making, and operate at a scale that is unique even within Amazon, you're looking at the right posting!
Come innovate with Prime Finance tech team!
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Working with stakeholders and other engineering teams to identify and scope the right data architecture and technology to be used to facilitate analysis of most common Amazon customer behavioral questions.
• Partnering with engineering teams to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through BI tools across the organization.
• Design, build and implement the right ETL processes using AWS and similar technologies.
• Implement anomaly detection systems to have a proactive approach to any potential data quality issues, using industry standard frameworks.
• Enable large scale analytics using EMR and other big data technologies.
• Establishing and implementing technology best practices that should be followed across the organization.
• Work on proof of concepts for adoption of new technology and tools.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• 3+ years of experience working with big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, EC2)
• 3+ years of experience with Python and *nix systems.
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
• AWS experience a big plus.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Familiarity with data quality automation.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.