The Amazon Physical Stores Business Intelligence Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team in Seattle. Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
• Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions.
• Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
• Mentor and develop other DE's and BIE's.
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing
• Experience with Redshift, Oracle, NoSQL etc.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .