Data Engineer, North America Retail Finance
The North America Consumer Finance team is looking for a smart, motivated, and driven Data Engineer. Are you passionate about big data and analytics? Does working in one of the world's largest data environment excite you? Do you want to be a critical part of a high-growth business that is fundamentally changing an industry? If so, this is a unique opportunity to influence senior leaders and change the way our business makes decisions by providing "information" instead of "data."
The Data Engineer will play a critical role in supporting the North America Consumer business. From your first day, you will own the architecture and build out of new data infrastructure and consequently help define the KPI's we use to optimize customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will also develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a self-service data platform and data visualization. The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling). The candidate will need to be a self-starter and team player, demonstrate exemplary communication skills and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills, familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of data visualization and exploration tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills
- The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Advanced degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top