Do you have a passion for wrangling large data sets, developing scalable solutions, and building high quality data services that impact business outcomes? Do you enjoy solving complex problems that enable end users to generate insights and make high impact business decisions? Do you like learning and developing innovative solutions, which deliver results? If the answer is yes to these questions, then this position may be the right next career step for you.
Over 2 million Sellers in 10 countries list their products for sale on the Amazon Marketplace. FBA Inbound Analytics and Data Science team builds data platform and capabilities to influence FBA inbound product & policy decisions, which enhance seller experience, lower total supply chain cost and variability, and maximize impact on downstream business outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with complex, medium to large data sets, and understand how self-service dashboards are built and used with your data sets. The successful candidate will have a passion for data and analytics, be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, and driven by a desire to innovate.
• Synthesize business requirements into data platform architecture for use by business intelligence engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
• Maintain and enhance existing data pipelines. Establish new scalable, efficient and automated processes for ingesting data.
• Work with BIEs, product managers and data scientists to understand data needed for key business areas. Build data store and data pipelines to deliver the needed data.
• Develop the end-to-end automation of data pipelines, making datasets readily-consumable by visualization tools, machine learning platforms, and daily/weekly/monthly reporting processes.
• Define processes for optimized data retention, archival, and retrieval.
• Enhance processes to help maintain data integrity, availability, and auditability.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines.
• Experience in writing highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
• Experience with AWS services including Redshift, S3, and Dynamo DB.
• Ability to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions.
• Knowledge of data visualization tools like Quicksight, Tableau or similar BI tools.
• Exposure to one of the modern scripting languages (Python, ,R, Ruby, Java, etc).
• MBA or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
• 7+ years of industry experience as a data Engineer or related specialty, with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle.
• " Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers"
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief."