How often have you had an opportunity to build a big business, solving significant customer problems through innovative technology, from the beginning? The Amazon Halo team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in customer health and wellness through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a member of an algorithm team that is responsible for the delivery of ML based algorithms. You will build end-end-end data pipelines, design data collection experiments and perform data analysis.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities and comfortable working with cross-functional teams and systems. You must be a self-starter and be able to learn on the go. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as you will work very closely with diverse teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
• 1-2 Years of Experience in Python
• 2 Years of Experience in SQL
• Visualization experience in Redash, Quicksight or at least one other tool
• Experience building ETL pipelines comprising of Python and AWS services Like S3, Athena Lambda and Redshift or similar technologies.
• Experience building metrics deck and dashboards for KPIs including the underlying data models
• Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations