Data Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon e-commerce platform supports hundreds of thousands of sellers who fuel the rich buying experience that Amazon is today. From artisans selling handmade goods to some of the world's largest retailers, Amazon's merchants are quickly becoming the heart of the Amazon shopping experience. Join Amazon Services, the fastest growing division of Amazon.com, in creating the next evolution of the internet's finest selling experience.
The team builds Self-Service analytic solutions for Selling Partner and Seller Experience teams that enables business users to make quick and data driven business decisions. Our tools are strategically important to our leadership, finance, economists, analysts, machine learning scientists, SDEs and BI partners to drive long-term growth. We are highly motivated, collaborative, and fun loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As an experienced member of the team, in this role, you will:
• Contribute to evolving the technical direction of SPS analytical Systems and play a critical role their design and development
• Build and support billing pipeline responsible for handling all impacting events in Selling partners domain in real-time.
• You will research, design and code, troubleshoot and support. What you create is also what you own.
• Develop the next generation of automation tools for monitoring and measuring data quality, with associated user interfaces.
• Have the satisfaction of seeing your work impact thousands of Amazon selling partners world-wide.
• Be able to broaden your technical skills and work in an environment that thrives on creativity, efficient execution, and product innovation.
- Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- Excellent coding skills in Java, Python, C++, or equivalent object-oriented programming language
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and basic SQL
- Proficiency with at least one of these scripting languages: Perl / Python / Ruby / shell script
- Experience with building data pipelines from application databases.
- Experience with AWS services - S3, Redshift, Spectrum, EMR etc.
- Experience working with Data Lakes.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top