Data Engineer II
- Redmond, WA
The Retail Pricing team drives the success of Amazon Retail. We build software that makes billions of monthly pricing recommendations on our marketplaces. We earn our customers' trust by consistently delivering the lowest prices possible: we price and publish prices automatically for the millions of products bought worldwide every day by our customers.
As a Big Data Engineer you create the data models that drive our pricing algorithms, provide the data flows that ensure their functioning, and utilize data to gain insights into customer's success.
This job is for you if you are passionate about working with the largest and most complex data to optimize service performance. You will own the models and processes for collecting and transforming data, and work within the Pricing software engineering teams to drive the resulting business initiatives. You will learn the customer's intentions, and support us in understanding them as we take our business to the next level.
• Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 4-5+ years industry experience
Must have three year of experience in the following skill(s):
• Developing and operating large-scale data structures for business intelligence using: ETL/ELT processes; OLAP technologies; data modeling; SQL;
• Experience with at least one relational database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL
• Experience with at least one massively parallel processing data technology such as Redshift, Teradata, Netezza, Spark or Hadoop based big data solution
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
• Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
• Experience building large-scale data warehouse projects, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Proven ability to drive adoption of data engineering best practices in a team of engineers, and ability to mentor junior team members
• Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
• Experience with AWS
Back to top