At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. We are looking for a highly analytical Data Engineer to join the AWS Finance BI team.
We are looking for an innovative, hands-on and customer-obsessed data engineer who can be a strategic partner to the product managers and other engineers on the team.
Our projects span multiple organizations and require coordination of multiple data sources, teams, and infrastructure.
In this role, you will be a technical expert with massive impact. You work tightly with other data engineers, business intelligence engineers, and other technical job roles on our team to create the data infrastructure and pipelines to drive our automation, analytics and visualization projects from initial experimentation to production level deployment. Your work will directly impact the success of Amazon's growing business. You will work across diverse engineering and business teams on critical data engineering problems, building unique high quality reliable, accurate, consistent, and architecturally sound data sets that are aligned with our business needs.
Key Performance Areas
• Design, implement and support an analytical data infrastructure
• Managing AWS resources including EC2, EMR, S3, Glue, Redshift, etc.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies
• Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
• Collaborate with Data Scientists and Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) to recognize and help adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
• Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Bachelors in Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or comparable educational background.
• 2+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field
• 2+ years data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing experience
• 2+ years of experience using big data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Redshift, or S3.
• 1+ years of experience in one or more of: Python, R or other scripting language
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
• Experience in query tuning and infrastructure management
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.