It's an exciting time to be on the Fulfilment Centers (FC) Tours team. Our team oversees tours of Amazon's Fulfillment Centers, where customer orders are picked, packed, and shipped. We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer II , who will research, design, implement, document, and maintain new and existing systems as well as create software services and tools to drive the FC Tours team's processes towards higher quality. You will build robust applications, pioneer new programs for our customers and help define the technological future of our team. You will have influence on our overall technology strategy, drive system architecture and spearhead best practices that enable quality products.
Amazon offers public tours (both virtual and in person) across 46 Fulfillment Centers in North America and Europe. In 2019, more than 300,000 guests participated in our tours. Our goal for 2021 and beyond is to build and scale marketing programs to drive a high volume of virtual guests.
In this role, you will take the lead in identifying architecture deficiencies, and solving for the same by building cutting edge software solutions. You will help our team deliver higher quality software faster. You will have the opportunity to collaborate across different Amazon teams and other third party partners, building features on team web sites, such as amazonfctours.com as well as working on other cutting edge technologies in the market today. You will actively influence and participate in design reviews across all team software.
You will have experience in SQL and NO-SQL, database design and development, creating data visualizations and reporting (via Tableau, QuickSight etc), Python scripting, as well as other AWS technologies such as S3, Lambda functions, EC2, RedShift, Athena etc. You will also have some experience in Front End Web Development using technologies such as Java Script, HTML, CSS etc. The development will be from the concept stage to the launch stage and you will ensure the highest level of quality for your deliverables. This is a highly visible position that will drive a key component of the company's strategy to show customers what happens once they order a product on Amazon.
• Deliver a Best-in-Class customer experience by continuously improving platform, code and services that support FC Tours products.
• Design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets.
• Help delivering complete BI solutions.
• Define backend and frontend architecture (reliable and scalable solutions); as well as lead data architecture.
• Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting.
• Design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Build services/integrations for our web applications with our streaming platforms, survey tools (such as Qualtrics), and other data realization dashboards (such as Quicksight or Tableau) etc.
• Leverage and integrate with different tools, technologies and products within Amazon to reduce overall operational cost and enhance customer experience.
• Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders.
• Building strong relationships and working across with different teams.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelors (BS/BE) in Computer Science or equivalent
• Practical knowledge of data structures and complex algorithms with equivalent development skills to match.
• Deep problem-solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
• Ability to design for performance, scalability, and availability
• Demonstrated experience in SQL/NO-SQL and data modeling skills, as well as AWS technologies.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
• Software/Web development experience with large-scale internet-facing systems and web technologies
• Experience with Python/ Shell Script languages, as well as Javacript, HTML, XML, CSS, Splash etc.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other team members for the best practices in software development.
• Able to work in a diverse team.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.