Data Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
AWS Networking Data Management and Research team owns a data bus, which performs ingestion, enrichment and transformation of networking raw data. Our mission is to distribute the data to our customers and build systems that enables customers and scientists to run experiments on top of it. We are looking for an exceptional Data Engineer who is passionate about leveraging big data solutions for devising the next generation of network monitoring systems. The ideal candidate will share our excitement about the incredible opportunity cloud computing and Big Data analytics represent, and will be passionate about delivering high quality services. You will have good knowledge of distributed systems with design and implementation experience, as well as the ability to lead and mentor other engineers. Experience with Native AWS, databases, data warehousing, as is experience delivering large-scale big data services. You will be customer centric and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment that requires excellent technical and communication skills.
You will join a tenured team of Research Scientists, Data Engineers and Software Development Engineers. This is an opportunity to build a new service utilizing native AWS technologies. We are looking for a DE who will be comfortable working with a broad range of data sources and presentation mediums. It is essential that they understand automating analyses and tailoring metrics so that they're understandable to the audience.
As a team we proactively support knowledge-sharing and as leaders of data science at AWS, we embrace opportunities to teach company-wide. Since every business at Amazon relies on a network that runs smoothly, the right candidate will guide the business and communicate value, work collaboratively to develop pragmatic yet flexible solutions and move forward in the face ambiguity. The candidate should be willing to build good working relationships with partners with data problems within the team and across AWS.
• Identify, extract, and transform both structured and unstructured data collected from internal tools and systems
• Promote best practices in creating storage solutions, persistence layers and presentation models
• Communicate with customers to ensure data is correctly understood and actionable
• Communicate with software teams and tool developers to expand and improve data collection
• Work with AWS leadership to present key findings from analyses to stakeholders
• Provide input on how best to measure the impact and progress of ongoing efforts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Business, related field or equivalent working experience
• 2+ years of experience in data infrastructure management
• Proficiency in SQL and one common data pipeline language like Python/Java/Scala.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience in design and optimization of data-processing systems using AWS services (S3, EMR, Lambda, Glue, Athena, SNS, CloudWatch, Redshift, Aurora/RDS)
• Experience in working with data visualization (QuickSight or Tableau)
• Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
• Excellent verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including ability to succinctly summarize key findings and effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Back to top