Data Engineer - GSF
Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) supports Amazon's Prime Now, Fresh, Pantry, and Campus businesses worldwide. We are looking for candidates who want to help shape the future of GSF. Specifically, we are looking for an outstanding business intelligence expert and data engineer who is able to partner effectively with both business and technical teams to drive the growth of our rapidly expanding global business. From your first day, you will own the architecture and build out of a new data infrastructure using Redshift and consequently help define the KPI's we use to optimize customer behavior and satisfaction. In this role, you will also develop and support the analytic technologies that give our teams flexible and structured access to their data, including implementation of a self-service data platform and data visualization on Tableau.
The successful candidate will be an expert with SQL, ETL (and general data wrangling) and have some web development skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter and team player, demonstrate exemplary communication skills and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
Amazon Prime Now has a culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
You know and love working with business intelligence tools, can model multidimensional data sets, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL
- Model data and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions, including annual budget processes
- Leverage large data sets to form recommendations on retail business forecasting, along with web and mobile app product experimentation.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience in data mining (SQL, ETL, data warehouse, etc.) and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Advanced SQL and Excel skills, familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques
- Proven ability to solve complex quantitative business challenges; experience in the development of pricing analysis is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of data visualization and exploration tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills
- Web development experience
- The right candidate thrives in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Advanced degree in Math, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability /Veteran
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top