Are you ready to lead the design and implementation of a new approach to ML-driven advertising? Amazon Game Publishing Services is looking for the right hands-on Data Engineer to build the foundation of a disruptive advertising system set to revolutionize customer acquisition for Game Developers. Imagine layering the strength of Amazon's assets with the power of Machine Learning to build a disruptive programmatic service for game developers.
We are a lean and fast-paced start-up funded by Amazon Web Services, working with the world's leading game companies to drive usage, engagement and revenue for the world's top gaming titles and future hits on Console, PC and Mobile. As an initial member of the founding team you will have unparalleled access, scope and impact.
You and your team will own the design, development, testing, and deployment of this service. You will participate in product direction, planning, and execution of some of our most strategic technical projects that will delight our customers and make significant business impact. You are comfortable with being at the forefront of technology and are excited about shaping the future of programmatic advertising. You are an entrepreneurial, self-starter, passionate leader who strives to deliver world-class products and loves working in a fast-paced team. You are customer-obsessed and data-driven.
Key responsibilities include:
• Data Engineers at Amazon are expected to maintain systems that process large data sets and contribute to design of automated systems.
• Partner with data scientists to apply ML, statistics or econometrics techniques to develop and analyze prototype models.
• Partner closely with product and data science teams to improve the advertising performance and translate prototype models to production.
• Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes to enable large scale model development, validation, and implementation.
• Have fun working on ground breaking technology with people just as passionate about their work as you!
• 3+ years of industry experience in experience in Software Development, Data Modeling, and Data Warehousing with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large data sets
• 2+ years of experience in Java and Python using Apache Spark in a machine learning context
• 2+ years of experience in working with big data technologies in a public cloud such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, PySpark)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Familiarity with data quality automation.
• Solid understanding of data design approaches (and how to best use them)
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .