The Data Engineer will be part of Audible's Data Management group, working closely with business and technical teams around the globe. This group's mission is to build solutions that provide strategic data insights through analytics and reporting. This is a highly technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production QA/on-call support.
- Design, build, test and deploy Data Integration pipelines to extract, transform and load data
- Analyze source systems, prepare technical design/specification, design suitable data models, and develop metadata for Analytical Reporting.
- Provide technical/user documentation and training; perform peer reviews of work items produced at various stages of the project.
- Estimate effort for various Data Warehouse activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
- Strong Computer science background required. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or related field is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working on data warehousing projects with large data sets is required.
- Must have excellent understanding of Data Integration/ETL, Oracle 11g/AWS Redshift (or other related Database technologies) and SQL.
- Must be familiar with Data Model design techniques such as Dimensional Models/Star schemas.
- Must have design and coding skills in Perl or Python and shell scripting on Unix/Linux Platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with MicroStrategy 10 or OBIEE 11g.
- Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Experience in Erwin Data modeling and Data Quality tool.
We have a comprehensive benefits package but here are some of the fun perks:
- Free catered lunch daily, breakfast on Mondays, all the snacks you can eat and Happy Hour on a Friday
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Ruthless ping-pong tournaments and seasonal sports clubs - volleyball, basketball, soccer, etc.
- Endless company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Access to Amazon Web Services and much more...
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top