- Seattle, WA
The Grocery Supply Chain team is seeking a Data Engineer to join our team that is focused on building mission critical software used by Amazon customers.
The ideal candidate relishes working with extremely large volumes of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and above all, is passionate about data and analytics. They should be an expert with Data warehouse architecture, data modeling, data processing using distributed compute solutions and passionately partners with the data scientists, business analysts and other business stakeholders to identify strategic opportunities where improvements in data infrastructure creates out-sized business impact. You should be comfortable in design and development of solutions using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark on or off AWS. This position requires hands-on software development expertise used to ingest and process large scale datasets. The candidate is proficient in at least one programming language. They should be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced and global team.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 2+ Years industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer)
• 2+ Years Experience with at least one database technology such as Redshift, Oracle, MySQL or MS SQL
• 2+ Years of experience developing and operating large-scale data structures for analytics
• Demonstrated strength in SQL, Query performance tuning, Data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
• Experience administering Tableau, Looker, Quicksight or other BI tools
Back to top