Amazon's Product Replenishment team is looking for a talented Data Engineer who is passionate about building scalable data architectures, efficient data pipelines and analytical reporting. This candidate will join a team of Business Intelligence Engineers (BIE), Data Engineers (DE) and Product Managers (PM), located in Seattle, Bangalore and Europe, that design and build new experiences that help millions of customers save time and money on reordering replenishable products.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to support with migrating to our next generation decoupled architecture that will enable our business intelligence solutions to scale to accomodate more data, enhanced capabilities and additional data consumers. You will be challenged and provided with tremendous opportunity for growth in a collaborative SCRUM based team using Big Data Technologies and AWS products such as Redshift, S3 and serverless compute technologies. A successful candidate knows and loves working with these technologies and will have core responsibilities including:
• Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of next generation BI solutions.
• Interface with software development teams to build new extract, load, transform data pipelines from a variety of data sources
• Continually improve data governance processes to identify and address data quality issues early before they are passed downstream
• Enhance reporting and analysis processes by automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
This role supports the Subscribe & Save and Replenishment Services & Innovations (RSI) teams. Customers around the world love Amazon's Subscribe & Save program for the convenience and savings, and we are growing the program across Amazon categories, technologies, and countries. The RSI team offers features the give customers convenient capabilities and incentives for reordering products. The RSI team spends over 50% of its time incubating new products and services, including those using latest IoT technologies, such as smart watches, smart home appliances, and screened Echo devices.
• 1+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, and EMR.
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in delivering automated processes using range of technologies and languages (APIs, UNIX/LINUX, Python/Scala scripts)
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!