Data Engineer, Customer Relationships
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment delivering innovative solutions? Are you excited about bringing science to the art of new products?
We are looking for an insightful, data-driven, results-oriented Data Engineer to build the BI infrastructure for new business initiatives in the family/household space. We are the service that enables customers to share experiences across Amazon, such as Prime, Kindle and Alexa. This role will require a strong background in Data Warehouse, ETL, data modeling and reporting. A successful candidate will have an interest in data mining, with the ability to derive key business trends from data. The individual will play an important role in the development of analytics, forecasting and decision support to enable the team to develop and optimize features for customers globally. The individual will work with teams across Amazon to gather various customer account information and build the data ingestion and analytics.
- Interfacing with business customers, gathering data and metrics requirements, and delivering reporting solutions to drive key business decisions.
- Proposing changes to reporting and creating additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements.
- Collaborating with software engineers to design the data architecture and implement the data requirements.
- Interfacing with other technical teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Communicating to stakeholders, getting buy-in on approach, and working with other teams across Amazon.
- Driving data quality improvement projects and continually improving reporting and analysis processes.
- Supporting ad-hoc data analysis requests.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in in data engineering/business intelligence space
- Strong SQL, ETL and data modeling skills, with experience managing large-scale, complex datasets
- Experience working with BI and reporting tools such as Oracle BI, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with technical and business teams
- Experience with MPP databases such as Amazon Redshift
- Experience with big data platforms such as Hive/Hadoop
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment, driving operational excellence and best practices
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top