Data Engineer, Corporate FP&A
- Austin, TX
Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for Company's enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment.
- Are you excited about working directly to empower users?
- Love to get your hands dirty and solve challenging technical issues?
This opportunity is a great fit for someone with software development skills who is eager for an opportunity to gain skills in other aspects of building & maintaining an enterprise-scale data & analytics software system.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years' full-time experience in software design and development
• Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical designs and solutions to complex problem
• Agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
. BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
. Deep knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies
. Experience successfully mentoring junior SDEs
. Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects
. High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top