- Seattle, WA
AWS is hiring for a Data Engineer to play a key role in building their industry leading BI & Analytics Platform. Are you passionate about Big Data and highly scalable data platforms? Do you enjoy building end to end Analytics solutions to help drive business decisions? And if you have experience in building and maintaining highly scalable data warehouses and data pipelines with high transaction volumes then we need you!
The Data Transfer Data Platform provides foundational and centralized data platform for Network Finance to identify financial insights for better understanding of our customers and costs. Our teams take on some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges. We process billions of line items and handle artifacts through the latest in database technologies. We process big data and provide tools for customers to interactively understand the copious amounts of data we store.
We are truly leading the way to disrupt the big data industry by implementing Distributed and Big Data technologies like Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) in addition to data warehouse technologies like Redshift and Athena to build a data platform capable of scaling with the ever-increasing volume of data produced by services. You will have the ability to craft and build Data Transfer's Data Lake platform and supporting systems for years to come.
You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with business owners to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest the data into the data lake. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data lake. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 5+ years of relevant employment experience.
• 5+ years of work experience with ETL, Data Modeling, and Data Architecture.
• Expert-level skills in writing and optimizing .
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop/.
• Proficiency in one of the scripting languages - Python, Ruby, or similar.
• Experience operating very large data warehouses or data lakes.
• MBA, Master's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• 7+ years of relevant experience in a business analyst/data analyst/statistical analysis role
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
• Strong ability to prioritize
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex data issues correctly and clearly to both internal and external customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top