- Seattle, WA
The Home & Lifestyle group is looking for a talented Data Engineer. If you yearn for a challenge, love "green field" projects, and want the chance to recognize, define, and solve problems and guide strategic business decisions to support a burgeoning business, then this is the job for you.
We want to grow subject matter experts for data mining and feature instrumentation, with the responsibility of managing end-to-end execution and delivery across various work streams. You will help drive our data architecture across many large datasets. You'll be working with data scientists, BI engineers, developers, and business partners to implement new data pipelines that feed into or from critical data systems at Amazon. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable ETL processes in the AWS platform to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as a service, building infrastructure to answer questions with data.
The ideal candidate exudes analytical acumen, possesses strong data engineering skills, a high degree of customer-obsession, and has a track record for delivering results. You'll be joining a new team on the ground floor, so enthusiasm for a start-up / builder role is a must.
• Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of next generation BI solutions including streaming data applications.
• Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
• Collaborate with data scientists, BIEs and BAs to deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
• Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
• Experience using business intelligence reporting tools such as Tableau or Quick Sight
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
• Knowledge of Data Management fundamentals and Data Storage principles
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python, Perl, Ruby, or Java.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Back to top