Do you love building data products that drive critical business decisions? Are you excited to work on the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure? Are you passionate about making an impact with renewable energy?
The AWS Infrastructure Energy Team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Data Engineer to build our renewable energy finance product. The candidate will help AWS march toward its goal of powering our global data center infrastructure with 100% renewable energy and support AWS's progress towards Amazon's net zero carbon goal. This role will design, build, and scale an internal product to evaluate key financial metrics and risks relating to the optimization of utility power supply and demand for renewable energy. They will own development of the product and automation of data collection and reporting processes for Amazon's global power portfolio.
The ideal candidate has expertise gathering customer needs and insights, designing logical schemas that organize data in a meaningful, efficient way, and knows how to build scalable and maintainable solutions. They are an expert at data modeling, building data pipelines to stream data from multiple sources, ETL design, have hands-on knowledge of databases such as Redshift, and experience developing user interfaces. A successful candidate will have a track record of partnering closely with customers to invent solutions to complex data problems. They have built trusting relationships with business partners and have experience generating insights that enable senior leaders to make critical business decisions. They are motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment and have a passion for the energy space.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, information systems, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of relevant experience data engineering roles
• 3+ years of experience with ETL development, data warehousing, data modeling, and writing advanced SQL queries
• 2+ years of experience with AWS services such as Redshift, S3, EC2, Lambda, EMR, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora
• Masters in related field
• 1+ years of experience working in power, utilities, or renewable industry
• 1+ years of experience creating visual data representations, such as Tableau, QuickSight, or other BI platforms
• Proven track record partnering with business owners to understand requirements and developing analysis to solve their business problems
• Experience managing and analyzing finance data
• Advanced proficiency in Excel
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills and attention to details
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.