Data Engineer, Amazon GO
- Seattle, WA
The Amazon Physical Stores Business Intelligence Team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Data Engineer to join our team in Seattle. Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
• Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions.
• Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
• Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc. AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
. Strong systems design and administration skills
• Strong scripting skills in Python or another object oriented language
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top