- Seattle, WA
Within Amazon's Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), we enjoy a unique vantage point into everything happening within Amazon. As part of that, this role would be part of a team that is responsible for Company's enterprise-wide financial planning & analytics environment.
• Are you excited about working directly to empower users?
• Love to get your hands dirty and solve challenging technical issues?
This opportunity is a great fit for an experienced Data Engineer who enjoys working on large-scale computing leveraging AWS distributed systems. You need a passion for solving complex problems, and to truly enjoy the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems. Would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career? Are you passionate about turning large amounts of information into knowledge? Can you architect large data systems? Can you work with business partners and across technical teams? In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact on the Financial organization.
The data flowing through our platform directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you're passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy, reduce waste, and improve work-life harmony for a large and rapidly growing finance user base, come join us!
Successful candidates should come from a strong data engineering background. You need to have experience with structured data, and being able to analyze/transform the data using various tools.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, Kinesis and Lambda for Serverless ETL)
• Experience of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Experience of having built and delivered multiple large scale, cross-functional projects
• Willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical customers in order to understand ambiguous problems and articulate technical designs and solutions to complex problem
• Experience with agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• Domain knowledge of Distributed SOA Architecture, Relational DB knowledge, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, and various AWS technologies
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer, Systems Analyst in a company with large, complex data sources
• 3+ years' full-time experience working on a software design and development team
• Experience with Object Oriented programming (e.g. Java, Scala, Python)
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.)
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience successfully mentoring junior DEs
• Experience with Machine Learning/deep learning development projects
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Passion for building great solutions which directly impact customers
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top