- Seattle, WA
Amazon Retail Consumables Analytics & Data Engineering (CADE) team is looking for an experienced and technically skilled individual to join our analytics team as a Data Engineer.
In this role, you will drive the development of data engineering solutions from initial experimentation to production level deployment, including but not limited to the followings.
Identify gaps and improvement opportunities in existing data infrastructure. Design, implement, and maintain a cutting-edge cloud-based data-infrastructure for large data-sets. Design and Development of big data pipelines supporting the Data Science, Machine learning and analytical projects across the consumables organization. Major and minor enhancements to existing data pipelines. Create and manage large datasets by extracting, transforming, combining, and loading data from various heterogeneous data sources. Maintain data integrity, availability, and audit-ability. Manage AWS resources. Drive operational excellence by automation of processes and by the adoption of new technologies and best practices.
The successful candidate will combine strong technical abilities and leadership skills to deliver business value in a fast-paced, collaborative development environment. You will be self-driven, communicate and collaborate effectively with different technical and non-technical stake-holders, mentor junior colleagues, propagate best practices, drive innovation, and deliver successfully against high operational standards.
If you love solving challenging problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment, this role is right fit for you. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation, and think big to build solution extensible enough to handle existing and upcoming use cases.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related technical field
• 3+ years of relevant employment experience in data engineering, business intelligence, market research or related field
• Mastery of relevant technical skills, including SQL, data modeling, schema design, data warehouse administration, BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau), scripting for automation
• Exposure to big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR, Redshift)
• Excellence in technical communication and experience working directly with stakeholders
• Experience gathering insights or maintaining infrastructure using big data technologies (e.g. Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, EMR)
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering and product management
. Experience in Python or any other software development languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top