We are looking for a technically skilled Business Intelligence Data Engineer to join our team.
This position requires superior analytical thinkers, able to approach ambiguous problems and apply technical and engineering expertise to rapidly analyze, validate and deliver solutions. Successful candidates must thrive in fast-paced environments which encourage collaborative and creative problem solving. Be able to extract and measure data across various data points. You will focus on the development of reporting, analytics and decision support to enable business leaders and product managers to manage their global teams and the customer experiences.
- Analysis of historical data to identify trends and insights
- Proposing and prioritizing changes to reporting and creating additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements
- Identifying data needs and driving data quality improvement projects
- Perform complex data analysis to identify different opportunities to reduce costs or improve customer experience and set priorities to improve them
- Design, develop and establish KPIs to monitor analysis and provide strategic insights to drive growth and performance
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative/technical field (e.g. Physics, Computer Science, Economics, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience as a Data or BI Engineer/Analyst dealing with large complex data scenarios
- Experience in analysis of structured and unstructured data. Familiarity with SQL, ETL and other analytical tools
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Beginner or intermediate skills to understand and read scripts
- Strong understanding of BI technologies and their application including database warehousing and dash-boarding experience
- Experience in building dashboards and analytics in Tableau
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage through conflicting priorities
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams. Analysts are not expected to write code, but it helps to be able to read it
- Strong individual contributor who can work with minimal direction and oversight.
- Experience communicating with senior management (VP level decision makers) as well as with colleagues from computer science, operations research, and business backgrounds
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS RedShift, RDS, Hadoop etc.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top