- Bengaluru, India
Have you ever wondered how Amazon shipped your order so fast? Wondered where it came from or how much it cost us? To help describe some of our challenges, we created a short video about Supply Chain Optimization at Amazon - http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Have you ever yearned to build data solutions using AWS latest technology stack? Have you ever wished to know how Amazon scales inventory platform and builds solutions of exabytes of data? If yes, then we are looking out for you, come join us and be part of something bigger. We are seeking an outstanding Data Engineer to join our team. Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. Your work will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making at Amazon.com.
As an Amazon Data Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. We maintain one of the largest data marts in Amazon as well as work on Business Intelligence reporting and dashboarding solutions that are used by thousands of users world-wide. Our team is responsible for timely delivery of mission critical analytical reports and metrics that are viewed at the highest levels in the organization. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from production systems into the data warehouse and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in a fast paced environment understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 5+ years of professional experience
• Experience in data modeling, ETL development and data warehousing
• Data warehousing experience with Redshift, Teradata, etc.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
• Professional experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Knowledge of AWS Technologies
• Knowledge in using OLAP technologies and BI Analytics.
• Oracle, Redshift, Linux, OBIEE experience
• Experience with multiple database platforms
• Familiar with computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (, , , etc)
• Query tuning skills
Back to top