Have you ever thought about what it takes to deliver high quality customer service at optimal cost? What would you do to take one of the best customer service organizations in the world to the next level? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex problems and delivering innovative solutions? Do you like to innovate and simplify?
The Worldwide Capacity Planning (WWCP) organization owns the end-to-end workforce planning and execution of Amazon's customer service network. Our forecasting, labor planning, scheduling, and real-time management solutions are responsible for the millions of daily decisions needed to provide efficient and frustration-free support to our customers around the world. We are looking for an experienced professional with excellent analytical skills and strong business acumen to join our Forecasting team.
As a Data Engineer of Forecasting, you will be responsible to design, implement, and support key datasets that provides structured and timely access to actionable business information with the needs of stakeholders always in view. You will collaborate with analysts, research scientists, data engineers, business intelligence engineers, and software development engineers across Amazon to produce complete data solutions. You will help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience. You will develop a broad range of new big data technologies to solve business problems and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use. You will encourage the organization to adopt next-generation data architecture strategies, proposing both data flows and storage solutions. You will continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers. You will participate in developing technical strategy for turning data into actionable information and develop complex queries for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting. You will optimize the performance of business-critical queries and dealing with ETL job-related issues. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business. Accurate forecasts drive improvements in cost and quality of our customer service on a global scale.
The ideal candidate has excellent understanding of efficient and scalable data mining and an ability to use the data in financial and statistical modeling. They are comfortable creating strategic recommendations in a thoughtful yet concise manner, and obtaining organizational "buy-in" at senior levels. They are well-organized, can manage multiple analyses/projects simultaneously, and are intellectually curious.
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as math, computer science, engineering, finance, statistics, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in data engineering, business intelligence, or in a similar role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate data into operational/business planning
• Expertise in SQL, ETL management, data warehousing, data mining, and data Modeling
• Proficiency in Python or another general-purpose programming language
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
• Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, plus hands-on experience with different data warehouse and processing technologies such as AWS Redshift, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
• Hands-on experience with AWS technologies (e.g., EMR, Kinesis, EC2, etc.)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.