- Vancouver, Canada
Would you like to work on one of the world's largest transactional distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Tax Services is the place for you.
As a member of the Tax Data Analytics team, you'll play a key role in solving some of the world's most complex technical challenges associated with Tax. You will apply Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Data mining, Scalability and Statistical Algorithms techniques - just to name a few.
Our Data Engineer needs to be able to gather and understand data requirements, present it to software engineers, and work in the team to achieve high quality data ingestion goals. You need a passion for complex problems, and enjoy the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career?
In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact. You will work closely with a group of Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, Software Development Managers and Technical Program Managers to create the data infrastructure and pipelines necessary to drive our team's initiatives.
Successful candidates should come from a strong data engineering background. You need to have experience with structured data, and being able to analyze/transform the data using various tools. Although SQL is a strong requirement, being flexible enough to work in a scripting environment is a must. Often, the pace of innovation and change implies a need to move to new data sources, and our Data Engineers get to participate in deep diving business data in order to understand/measure sources of disparity. Your analytical skills and knowledge of schema metadata will be essential.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/u
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL.
• Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing.
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.).
• Knowledge of Data Management fundamentals and Data Storage principles.
• Experience in coding and automating processes.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Glue).
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
• Background in Big Data, non-relational databases and Data Mining is a plus.
Back to top