- London, United Kingdom
At Amazon Advertising, we are dedicated to drive measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
We are hiring a Data Engineer (DE) to help us deliver on a key global goal of setting up an ML-based, real time service that will help segment our customers and continuously feed recommendations to both global Ads and Consumer teams to improve customer success.
The person hired will help build the data-sets to underpin the ML models as well as help create the output pipeline. They will be working very closely with a data science team and a scale Data Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with big data sets and have the expertise to utilize these data-sets to answer business questions and drive growth. This is a highly visible role with global scope, VP/SVP level exposure, international stakeholder management and some international travel. The role is based in Central London.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Design, develop and maintain scalable, automated, derived / or non-derived, insightful data-marts and tables which will be the main input for the models, reports and dashboards
• Use analytical and statistical rigor to solve complex problems and drive business decisions.
• Write high integrity code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (Redshift), learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
• Explore new datasets, onboard them into our data cluster and scale for WW use
• Set up ingest, analyse, output processes
• Set up mechanisms to proactively measure quality of outputs
• Create and maintain key program reports
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Python and Spark) and ML tools
• Background in supporting data scientists in conducting large scale data analyses / modelling to support business decision making
• Familiarity with statistical models and data mining algorithms
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau/QuickSight or similar BI tools.
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
• An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• Expert in writing and tuning SQL scripts
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments
• Experience in a technology or advertising tech company
Back to top