The EU Procurement Innovation & CSR Team is looking for an experienced Data Architect. As Data Architect, you will need to review technical design, develop and enhance data systems and pipelines supporting process optimization in reporting, planning, and controlling activities in EU Procurement/Engineering Services, as well as integrate in-house data infrastructure with partner systems. You should be an expert in the architecture of data warehousing solutions, using multiple platforms and tools. In addition, you should have strong analytical skills and excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of large data sets, combining raw information from different sources. Similarly, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes to support the rapidly growing and dynamic business demand for data, and use it to deliver the data as a service, which will have an immediate influence on day-to-day business decision making. Moreover, you will create automated alarming and dashboards to monitor data integrity. Finally yet importantly, you should have very good communication skills and ability to adjust communication to different groups of stakeholders, collaborating with architects, BI engineers, data scientists, business analysts/managers, to evaluate business needs and objectives in order to set up the best data management environment. Overall, you will be the subject matter expert for the data structures and usage, while striving for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 5+ years of industry experience in data engineering, data science, business intelligence or related field
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing/lakes
• Database design and administration experience with various RDBMS, such as MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
• Experience architecting data solutions with AWS products including Big Data Technologies (Redshift, RDS, S3, Glue, Athena, EMR, Spark, Hive, etc.) and/or Microsoft Database Software Stack (SQL Server/SSIS/SSAS)
• Advanced SQL and query performance tuning skills.
• Experience building data products incrementally, integrating and managing large data sets from multiple sources
• 2+ year of coding experience with modern programming or scripting language (Python, Scala, Java, etc.).
• Master's Degree in Data Engineering, Applied Data Science, Data and Web Science, or related certification
• Knowledge of systems engineering to optimize integration of data service/software solutions with data infrastructure
• Proven track record of applying data engineering for enabling business analytics (Procurement, Operations, Finance, etc.)
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for the best practices on data engineering
• Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (AWS QuickSight, Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations