- Bellevue, WA
Looking for your next challenge? North America Sort Centers (NASC) are experiencing explosive growth and looking for a skilled, highly motivated engineers to join the NASC SPEeD (Sortation Products Engineering and Data) team. The Sort Center network is the critical Middle-Mile solution in the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) group, linking Fulfillment Centers to the Last Mile. The experience of our customers is dependent on our ability to efficiently execute volume flow through the middle-mile network. The SPEeD team is expected to build scalable solutions to address increasing operational complexity from the evolution of new processes such as containerization, heavy-bulky freight, international shipping, customer returns, and Amazon Robotics solutions. We need to continuously innovate on behalf of our customers and develop new platforms and new science-based planning tools to efficiently match processing supply to logistics demand.
Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal sort center solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired company in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
This is an entirely new initiative and great development opportunity which gives you the ability to come and shape our destiny! You will build new services and experiences and will work with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will have an opportunity to work with a wide range of teams and services across Amazon. Also, you will have an opportunity to get guidance from principal product managers and senior engineers to help with your professional growth and development.
We prefer engineers who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently.
• 6+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• • Experience in SQL
• • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
• 3+ years of industry experience in Software Development, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL.
• Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing.
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Spark, EMR, etc.).
• Knowledge of Data Management fundamentals and Data Storage principles.
• Experience in coding and automating processes.
• Excellent communication skills.• Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR, Glue).
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
• Background in Big Data, non-relational databases and Data Mining is a plus.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top