- Seattle, WA
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
The Amazon Finance Automation Technology Team is looking for a results-oriented, effective Data Engineer who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design, develop, and implement solutions that facilitates global financial transaction data.
As a Data Engineer, you will be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You will have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You will be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of vast datasets. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-motivated, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. You will work with Amazon engineering and business teams across the globe in planning, designing, executing and implementing this new platform.
This is a brand-new solution we are building. We are currently in the stage of defining the architecture and high-level design. So, this is your chance to build this solution from scratch.This is a challenging opportunity for strong Data Engineers to get to the next level.
You will learn all about how to design, implement and test highly scalable solutions using AWS cloud platform and its many products, in challenging agile projects, working with best in class professionals.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Experience with data modeling, system designing and building data subject areas, data pipelines
• Experience in one or more reporting solutions (Tableau, Quicksight, other)
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Design and implement system modifications
• Proficiency with RDBMS technology fundamentals, data modelling, SQL and Query optimization
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Expertise in SQL Experience in one or more programming languages/scripting languages Java/Python/Scala
• Demonstrate ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Ability to work independently, as part of a global team, with limited general supervision.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience mentoring data engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience with AWS is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top