- Amarillo, TX
Do you want to lead radical innovation that creates value for millions of customers while generating billions of dollars for Amazon across the globe? Do you want to work at a company where you are encouraged to invent and have the autonomy to push boundaries? Invention has become second nature at Amazon, and the pace of innovation is only accelerating. Amazon's growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
We are looking for a customer-obsessed Data Engineer that thrives in a culture of data-driven decision making who will be responsible to help us hold a high bar for Brand Registry and the associated benefits provided to member brands.
This individual will be responsible for driving:
• Data modeling to support realtime & batch monitoring & alerts,
• Enable more efficient adhoc queries & analysis
• Build data pipelines to feed machine learning models and decision engines for real-time and large-scale offline use cases
• Work closely with analytics and product leads to scale data
• Work closely with product and analytic leads to design and implement relevant monitoring and alerting
• Ensure consistency between various platform, operational, and analytic data sources to enable faster and more efficient detection and resolution of issues
• Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiencies
• Raise the bar on the importance of data within the product and analytics teams
• Support the teams through our 3 year journey, helping design our future data architecture
This role will partner closely with the business teams to understand the data-needs of the team and ensure that the business teams are able to answer hard questions with real data.
A successful individual should be highly collaborative and organized with a strong inquisitive mindset. You should be capable of prioritizing multiple deliverables and effectively communicate progress and blockers. You should feel comfortable working across multiple data-sources, in a highly ambiguous space, with very complex data pipelines, and be capable of participating in and understanding how multiple systems communicate information to one-another.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 4+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Hands-on experience and advanced knowledge of SQL
• Experience in Data Modeling, ETL Development, and Data Warehousing
• Solid understanding of data design approaches (and how to best use them)
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer, BI Engineer or related field in a company with large, complex data sources.
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Familiarity with data quality automation.
Back to top