- Szczecin, Poland
The Amazon IN third-party marketplace team is looking for a highly driven, customer-obsessed Data Engineers who will be responsible for developing data architecture for CRM and BI platforms, data pipelines and reporting architecture to scale/support for decision making process across the group. You'll analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems, help build metrics and business cases around key projects and, most of all, be an integral part of creating a better customer and seller experience.
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, hungry and passionate about e-commerce, experienced, and entrepreneurial leader with a strong work ethic? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you. Help the largest third-party marketplace in IN to make data driven decisions. In this role, you have to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail and passion for data, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. It's a big ask, and we're excited to talk to those up to the challenge!
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 3+ years industry experience
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, SQL and data warehousing.
• Data Warehousing Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.) and/or Oracle, Redshift, MS SQL server DBs/related DBs
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Query performance tuning skills using SQL and Unix profiling tools
• Strong project management skills, including work prioritization, planning, and task delegation
• Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbally) technical information and the results of engineering design at all levels of the organization
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Strong business acumen
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
• Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
• Experience with AWS
Back to top