Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Fire phone, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The DSCOT Technology team develops and supports systems and processes that make planning, manufacturing, launching and supporting our devices as efficient and friction-less as possible. We are growing and looking for a talented Data Engineer to help build our Supply Chain and Ops platform. We own and build platforms to support everything from Supply Planning, Materials Management, Product Lifecycle Management to Device Costing, among others. Come join the team that helps Amazon invent and innovate the Amazon Devices Supply chain and work with the best and the brightest in the industry!
We are seeking a Data Engineer with strong analytical, communication and project management skills to join our team. This role will be working closely with business stakeholders, software development engineers and scientist colleagues, you will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping Amazon Device to provide customer great products. You will work with the most complicated data environment, employ right architecture to handle big data and support various analytics use cases, including business reporting, production data pipeline, machine learning, optimization models, statistical models, simulation, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
• 3+ years of experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools and, scripting.
• 3+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data experience with data modeling, ETL development
• Knowledge of data modeling and experience SQL with Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
• Experience managing competing priorities simultaneously and driving projects to completion
• Desire to create and maintain data warehouse systems
• Experience with big data technologies
• Master's degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Experience with scripting (Python experience is a strong plus).
• Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills
• Ability to interact, communicate, present and influence with both business and technical teams
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.