- Hyderabad, India
Finance Technology team at Amazon is looking for Data Engineer to play a key role in building next generation Financial data warehouse to in Finance space. The ideal candidate will be passionate about building next generation extremely large, scalable and fast distributed systems on AWS stack and will want to be part of a team that has accepted the goal to democratize access to data and enabling data driven innovations for entire Finance business in Amazon. We are one of fastest growing Data Engineering team across Amazon with strong technology orientation.
Looking for a candidate with strong background in new age AWS stack (S3, EMR, Redshift) or traditional BI & DW with interest in data mining and ability to sieve emerging patterns and trends from large amount of data. Data Engineer should have strong experience with all standard data warehousing technical components (e.g. ETL, Reporting, and Data Modeling), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in dimensional modeling, excellent problem solving ability dealing with huge volumes of data and a short learning curve. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the candidate will work very closely with diverse teams and senior leadership.
Along with complex problems to solve, we provide you world class work environment and a chance to work with few of industry most talented team members in data engineering space and opportunity to contribute and create history while having fun.
• Design, build and own all the components of a high volume data warehouse end to end.
• Build efficient data models using industry best practices and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
• Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data & reporting solutions owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of data sources
• Own the functional and nonfunctional scaling of software systems in your ownership area.
• Provides input and recommendations on technical issues to BI Engineers, Business & Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
• 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field
• 10-15 years of experience in data engineering / business intelligence space
• Strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets using traditional or map reduce batch mechanism.
• Strong data modelling skills with solid knowledge of various industry standards such as dimensional modelling, star schemas etc
• Extremely proficient in writing performant SQL working with large data volumes
• Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses
• Experience with scripting for automation (e.g., UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby).
• Good to have experience working on AWS stack
• Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
• Curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a 'can do attitude'. Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
• Must have excellent knowledge of Advanced SQL working with large data sets.
• Must have excellent dimensional modelling skills.
• Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML or similar solutions build around Hive/Spark etc.
• Experience with reporting tools like Tableau, OBIEE or other BI packages.
Back to top