- Seattle, WA
Do you want to build the premium shopping experiences for millions of Amazon customers? Do you want to work on performance challenges for providing the best recommendations in less than 200 milliseconds, given millions of customers and millions of products? Are you interested in working on Machine Learning and data science, believing every customer should not have the same experience? Amazon has a role or you.
As an Amazon.com Data Engineer you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be an expert in the architecture of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple technologies (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field or 5+ years industry experience
• Data modeling and ETL development experience
• Data Warehousing Experience with Oracle, Redshift, Teradata, etc.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in functional programming languages (Scala, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Query performance tuning skills using Unix profiling tools and SQL
• Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related specialty (e.g., Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist) with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies - Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for the best practices on the data engineering space
• Linux/UNIX including to process large data sets.
• Some experience leveraging SAS, R or matlab to manipulate data and set up automated processes as per business requirement
• Strong ability to interact, communicate, present and influence within multiple levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions
• A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top