Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team (WWRR&S) at Amazon.com.
WWRR&S is an agile, innovative organization dedicated to 'making zero happen' to benefit our customers, our company, and the environment. Our goal is to achieve the three zeroes: zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects. We do this by developing groundbreaking products and driving truly innovative operational excellence to help customers keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We have an eye to the future we create long-term value at Amazon by focusing not just on the bottom line, but on the planet. We are building the most sustainable re-use channel we can by driving multiple aspects of the Circular Economy for Amazon - returns, recommerce, and rentals.
Amazon WWRR&S is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use. Our work is broad and deep: we train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use; we invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop world-class product support to help customers love what they buy; we pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backward to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy; and we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
• You are enthusiastic and energized about providing an extraordinary customer experience and writing high-quality, well-tested, maintainable code.
• You are highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
• You love engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
• You see your mistakes as learning opportunities and continually look for ways to improve yourself and your products.
• You understand that not all solutions come easily and don't shy away from hard work to reach your goals.
• You are eager to explore and champion new technologies like machine learning and server-less architecture.
We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
Amazon is earth's most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns,ReCommerce & Sustainability team!
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 3+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
• 2+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
• Experience with Redshift, Oracle, etc. (SQL)
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in optimizing operational data storage to process semi-structured data streams.
• Building self-service business intelligence infrastructure for analytics.
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief."