- London, United Kingdom
Come build the future of entertainment with us.
Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching?
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of TV shows and movies - all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place. We offer customers thousands of popular movies and TV shows from Originals and Exclusive content to exciting live sports events. We also offer our members the opportunity to subscribe to add-on channels which they can cancel at anytime and to rent or buy new release movies and TV box sets on the Prime Video Store. Prime Video is a fast-paced, growth business - available in over 240 countries and territories worldwide. The team works in a dynamic environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on.
The marketing team for Amazon Prime Video in the UK, have the responsibility for driving the customer growth and engagement with this service through a very broad combination of marketing channels across EU.
As a Data Engineer in this team, you will work with a team of Data Scientist, Data Engineers and BI Analysts to build our data layer to innovate the way we do Marketing for Prime Video and understand our customers. You will work closely with the business and technical teams on many non-standard and unique business problems requiring a creative approach to problem solving.
Analytical and modeling skills will be required to work across several Amazon's Business teams. The work may include working with Marketing, Business Development, Data/BI Engineers, Software Developers, Finance, and Accounting teams. The role requires interpersonal and communication skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to be hands-on as well as work with minimal direction.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in an environment demanding data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable. Obsessed with solving complex problems and passionate about the potential of analytics to drive a business forward; the successful candidate will relish the prospect of driving forward Prime Video's Analytics to the next level. Mindful of dependencies, able to make sensible trade-offs, and able to be hands-on a passion for code and design, your end product is usable datasets with business value!
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
• Experience writing high quality, maintainable SQL on large datasets.
• Ability to write code in Python, Ruby, Scala or other platform-related Big data technology.
• Exposure/Experience in big data Technologies (hadoop, spark, presto, etc.).
• Expertise in the design, creation and management of large datasets/data models.
• Experience working on building /optimizing logical data model and data pipelines while delivering high data quality solutions that are testable and adhere to SLAs.
• Experience in using various data design patterns and knows when/when not to use one.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specifications.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Experience with Amazon Redshift
• Experience with cloud-based architecture and deployment
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of belief colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Back to top