- Seattle, WA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is obsessed with ensuring the success of our customers. To this end, AWS is building the industry's best-trained sales force. As the number of AWS sellers and cloud services continues to expand rapidly, AWS is re-investing how to train and enable its sellers. AWS's worldwide Enablement Training and Communication (ETC) organization is driving this transition by pioneering highly innovative, multi-modal enablement that is able to support our field's diverse learning styles.
ETC is looking for a results-oriented Sr. Data Engineer to help AWS build our next generation enablement data management solution. ETC's new BI solution will help us understand 1/ what training each of AWS's >20K sellers consume every day and 2/ how this training impacts their business results and productivity. The Senior Data Engineer will:
• Collaborate with ETC's business leaders and time series economist to identify BI requirements
• Lead the technical design of ETC's reporting, analysis and data management solutions
• Collaborate with AWS's Business Technology & Solutions team to leverage best practices and partner on solution designs
Job Locations: Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX, Boston, MA, Arlington, VA
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or Architect in the data/BI space
• Strong experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Proven experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems for data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Strong experience with data modeling; both logical models & physical design for analytical systems.
• Familiarity with building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects leveraging AWS technologies including Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Ability to distill problems and constraints from informal business requirements
• Deep experience leading and influencing the data strategy of your team or organization
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top