Data Centre Technician Trainee
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you excited about Server , Technology, Technology and want to work in the Largest Data Centres in the World? If so, we want to meet you and to help grow your technical skills! Amazon Web Services offers an exciting, dynamic and encouraging creativity and personal development while maintaining computing environments in a secure, scalable, and cost-effective manner. At the Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress so come and work for the world's most Customer-centric Company. We are looking for Data Centre Operations Cadets into our technical Data Centre Technician teams.
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world's largest Computing Infrastructure. Our scope of work includes systems , repairing with , dealing with issues, handling and tracking parts and assisting in Data Centre maintenance. Amazon Data Centres are large-scale high-density centres where you will help change the face of Technology in the region.
We are looking for candidates to commit to 6-month contracts and we are committed to provide coaching and periodic assessments to help develop your skills. You will work with the world's largest computing infrastructure. Your work involves some periods' independence from your team. There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges.
If successful after the 6-month period you will be interviewed to join the Amazon family full-time. For more info you can visit http://infrastructure.aws
Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
• Perform diagnostics and troubleshoot all Systems and related problems
• Perform basic level OS troubleshooting
• Perform basic level configuration troubleshooting
• Perform replacement of our parts of and devices
• Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks
• Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing resolution of trouble tickets efficiently
• Work with multiple teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security and Projects etc.). Work with external & 3rd party vendors/contractors to achieve organization needs
• Follow DC operations, Logistics, Security and Safety related processes and guidelines • Practice and enforce Amazons Security and Safety best practices
• Share ideas and contribute in projects to improve DC work environment and to improve DC operational efficiencies • Lead small to mid-scale projects including Data Centre rollout
• Understand operational metrics and guide next steps to achieve the targets.
• Able to work in a diverse team
Some travel may be required within Sydney. Your own transport is required to come to and from work.
You will also have a physical component requiring the ability to lift equipment, following health & safety guidelines.
You will report to Data Center Manager and work with Data Center Site Leads and mentors to support your success.
We are excited to talk to candidate with different levels of experience.
A degree or diploma at University or TAFE would be preferred.
Less than 5 years of industry work experience proffered. Either if you are just starting your workforce journey or you have several years of experience or maybe moving up to the new industry, come and build your carer path with us.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."
Back to top