Data Centre Technician
- Flexible / Remote
A unique opportunity to join AWS as a Data Centre Technician. You will become the primary resolver for your support team, and gain troubleshooting skills on one or more operating systems. You will be able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. Issues are escalated to the appropriate resolver groups when necessary. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support and are able to convey Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) to junior staff. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You act as an escalation point for junior technicians. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support.
24/7 shift coverage is required and may include 12 hour shifts, rotating shifts, 3, 4, or 5 day work weeks, and may change based on the needs of the business. Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
• Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal Service-Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work
• Respond to off hour emergency calls per on call rotation for any one of the region's sites
• Fully comply with all physical security procedures and policies
• Commutable to the Thames Valley Region
• Data Centres are 24/7 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work rotating shifts (day/night) as well as weekends. Data Centre Technicians are also required to wear a pager for communication, information, emergency, and on-call situations.
• Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching
• Standing and walking for up to 8+ hours a day
• Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
• Work in a noisy environment
• 3+ year of Computer Hardware experience
• 3+ years of Computer Networking experience
• Associate's degree or higher in IT-related field applicable certifications or/and equivalent professional or military experience
• Networking experience with CCNA and/or Network+ certifications
• Experience with CISCO, Juniper and other commodity networking devices
• Previous experience working in a Data Centre environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment)
• Networking Protocols (OSI Model)
• Copper/Fibre Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
• All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur
Back to top