Data Centre Operations Manager
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for proven technology managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding and the drive and vision to take AWS Data Centre Operations to the next level. The successful candidate will have current IT support and operations experience across a range of technologies. They will also have in-depth technical knowledge; experience managing people with varying skillsets, creating, tracking and controlling budgets, devising strategies, mentoring people at all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions. This position requires a candidate with the proven IT technical ability to drive continuous improvement and the ability to keep pace with our rapid growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment. It is considered a mix of hands on and management.
• Prioritise and assign trouble tickets to data centre technicians and operators.
• Routinely review ticket queue for large events and address accordingly.
• Coordinate change management resources.
• Guide, train and educate data centre staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues.
• Manage and deliver mid-size projects.
• Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs.
• Manage a diverse team of data centre technicians with varying skills.
• Provide weekly reports to the data centre cluster manager.
• Maintain the on-call schedule coordinating absence and vacations.
• Recruit and train data centre technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
• Write and deliver performance reviews for staff.
• With reference to wider corporate standards, produce, review and maintain all DCO policies and procedures for each site.
• Write SOW for impacting or potentially impacting activities and liaise across all AZs to ensure availability of services during this work.
This role is predominantly in hours as part of an on-call rota, but will require some out of hours and weekend working, as well as ad-hoc attendance on site in the event of an incident.
• Commutable to the Thames Valley Region.
• 5+ years of experience in Data Centre Operations or similar roles.
• 4+ years managing people in a technical environment.
• 2+ years of experience with collecting and reporting key. performance metrics and/or data modelling to continuously measure and improve operational status quo.
• Associate's degree or higher in IT-related field applicable certifications or/and equivalent professional or military experience.
• Previous experience working in a Data Centre environment (racking & stacking gear, cable management, hot & cold aisle containment)
• All candidates must possess a valid driver's license, their own vehicle, and will need to pass a driving record check to operate company vehicles. Travel between sites/locations during the workday may occur.
Back to top