Data Center Technician (DCO)
- Zurich, Switzerland
Our Zurich team are looking for a Data Center Technician with a passion for technology to help us expand our Cloud to the next level. We hope it is you!
What are AWS Infra Operations: Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure.
In this role you will have a unique opportunity to work in some of the most innovative data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
As a Data Center Technician, you will be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key areas you will have an opportunity to grow in:
• Problem Solving
• Troubleshoot technical issues on various platforms ranging from Systems through Networking to Power/Mechanical
• Remediation of physical layer outages, both Systems & Network
• Remediation or recovery of physical power issues on racks
• Project Management:You will participate in a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects
• Project Management:You will participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates
• Mentoring other peers
• Support the amazon recruitment process for hiring new teams
Please apply with your CV / Linkedin Profile in English
While it is a plus if you have the skills mentioned below, it is ok if you don't meet some of the requirements. As long as you are Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware, and want to learn and be curious to improve your skills, we are happy to invest in your training and mentorship.
• Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
• Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
• Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
• Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
* This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 18 kilos (the team uses server lifts for those); it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
• Remote Accss: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
• Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
• Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
• Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
• Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server Hardware, RAID, Network Connectivity
• Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
• Participated in Project Management
• Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Back to top