Data Center Technician
- Hyderabad, India
Data Center Technician designs, installs & maintains the large Cloud Computing Infrastructure in our DC. We are looking for skilled Data Center Technicians with a passion for technology to help us expand DC infrastructure operation to the next level.
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Our data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology. Hired Candidates need to work in Zhongwei city of the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Primary Job function included but not limited to the following:
- Problem solving, primary point of contact for all systems and network hardware problems
- Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing and resolving issue efficiently
- Troubleshoot technical issues on various platforms ranging from systems to networking
- Remediation of physical layer outages, hardware diagnostics and replacement
- Meet 24x7 shift and on call requirements and response during shift rotations
- Install server racks in line with internal SLAs
- Data Center point of contact for all High Severity issues
- Meet SLAs for our customer uptime
- Interact with third party vendors & contractors
- Contribute ideas to improve operational efficiency
- Project Management, deliver small to mid-scale projects including Data Center rollout
- Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and project status updates
- Share knowledge with other technical staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues, Write and enhance technical and operational processes and procedures
- Relevant educational qualification majoring in Computer Science, Network Engineering, or Electronic Engineering
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware, experience of Hardware replacement
- Deep understand Network operation / support experience 1) Experience with Cisco Switch configuration & troubleshooting
2) Copper cable termination.
3) Understanding of fiber optic cabling.
4) Good understanding of TCP/IP, L2 & L3 technologies
- X86 Architecture, RAID Levels, SAN, SCSI
- Experience in Microsoft office applications including but not limited to Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Good written & verbal English communication skills
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Experience of networking setup and configuration.
- Experience of server operation system level development, familiar with server hardware
- Experience of Data Center Operation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top