Amazon Web Services invites fully cleared professionals to join an elite team and learn the skills necessary to maintain one of the world's largest information system infrastructures.
Data Center Technicians are Amazon's front line in air-gapped AWS regions when it comes to handling the entire life cycle of a rack. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
Through this training opportunity, fully cleared candidates (Top Secret w/polygraph) will be provided paid training, both in-classroom and on the job, to bring their skills current with that of our Data Center Technician professionals, who have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
• Take ownership of technical issues brought by their customer base, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
• Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
• Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
• Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
• Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
• Improve effectiveness through process innovation
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and we are even more committed to working with you to make that happen. Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical data center activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
• Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each
• Working in cramped and/or elevated locations
• Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching
• Standing and walking for up to 8+ hours a day
• Ascending and descending ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation
• Work in a noisy environment
• Work shifts longer than 8 hours to support 24/7 operations (covering both night and day shifts).
• Upon graduating from program and deployed to your assigned data center, you will be required to work shift work that will include days/nights/weekends/holidays.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
The end roles will be in either Culpeper, Warrenton, or Alexandria, VA or Denver, CO.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 1+ year of Computer Hardware experience or 1+ year of experience with technical troubleshooting and remediation.
• A high school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or equivalent professional or military experience
• Desire and aptitude to learn- Learn and Be Curious
• Network+, A+, Linux+ certifications
• Experience with Cisco, Juniper and other commodity networking devices
• Experience working in a Data Center environment: racking & stacking equipment, cable management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.