Data Center Technician
- Milan, Italy
Data Center Technicians are Amazon's front line in AWS regions when it comes to handling the entire life cycle of a rack. This includes all tasks associated with planning and tracking capacity, rack deployment, rack cabling, hardware and software troubleshooting, and rack decommissioning.
Our technicians have industry-leading technical abilities and demonstrate a breadth of knowledge while they:
Take ownership of technical issues, engaging other teams when needed to drive resolution
Perform physical replacement of server and network device parts
act as an escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Systems and Network hardware problems
Show a strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
Solve problems at their root and step back to understand the broader context
Maintain service level agreements through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
Are biased to act in the absence of direction or support
Ensuring organizational capability to react & respond appropriately to any potential customer-impacting event on any server or network component
Improve effectiveness through process innovation
Shift work is required. Local travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
A valid driver license is required as the Data Centers may not have any public transportation available nearby.
• Solid Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration
• Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience
• Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID
• Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies
• Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers
• Strong Communication Skills
• Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware!
This role involves covering 24x7 shift rotation
• Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
• Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
• Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
• Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server Hardware, RAID, Network Connectivity
• Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
• Experience with Excel and the ability to manipulate data and create necessary charts and diagrams
• Participated in Project Management
• Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)
Back to top