This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region. This role is based in the Greater Western London Area.
A Data Center Technician will work as part of the Operations team whose primary responsibility is the maintenance and upkeep of the data center infrastructure. The candidate may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others). The position is full time and shift based, operating on a 247 rotation. The ideal candidate is someone with hands-on hardware experience.
• Work and meet SLA's against assigned trouble tickets via a directed workflow
• First line touch point for hardware troubleshooting and technical issues
• Perform regular server hardware repairs(drives, motherboards etc)
• Carry out routine network, server hardware and OS related repairs
• Work with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to complete routine work
• Engage with Smart Hands in EU Regional POPs
• Adhere to security and safety best practices in the data center
• Participate in Data Center power & cooling events
• Participate in team meetings for metric analysis and daily/weekly goals achievement
• Identify and help create documentation for use globally
• Identify and help create process improvements relevant to the data center environment
• Perform server upgrades, rebuilds, scheduled works as required
• Interact with third party vendors & contractors
• Contribute to the development of other team members
• 2+ years of technical experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of computer hardware systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment, displaying excellent time management skills.
• Ability to take direction from both a directed work system and/or a team lead.
• Working on a 247 shift rotation.
* Applicant must hold a valid drivers license
• Basic knowledge of Linux is an advantage.
• Basic knowledge of networking is an advantage.
• Experience with one of the following connection protocols/technologies: SSH, TELNET, IPMI, LILO.